Fun Things To Do With Campervans in The Yay Area:
The area surrounding San Francisco is home to some of the most beautiful sights in nature. And there isn’t a better way to get out of the city and discover nature than renting a campervan from Campago. Imagine a weekend filled with outdoor activities and gorgeous vistas. No standing in lines. No crowds. Nothing but you and yours enjoying the great outdoors.
ABOUT OUR CAMPERVANS
We converted Mercedes Benz Sprinter vans into ridiculously awesome campervans. The kind of van you don’t mind driving through town. Festivals, tailgate parties, and camping in the wilderness are just a few of the things you can do with a Campago van. How can our vans work for all those situations? Easy.
Campago created a modular system of steel frames that lets us configure our campervans for any type of adventure. More sleeping space for the kids or more cargo space for your bicycles? You don’t have to ask that question at Campago. We’ll set-up the van so you can bring the kids and bikes. Not only do we customize the inside of the van for you, we’ll customize what’s inside the campervan too! Checkout how we oufit the vans:
- KITCHEN: Each van is equipped with a full set of cooking utensils, cookware, plates, bowls, cups, silverware, camping stove, and fuel. About the only thing we don’t provide is food. BYO foodstuffs and beverages. All vans are equipped to keep your food and beverages cold in a huge Yeti coooler. We also provide you with all the necessary gear to open things up and start a fire.
- LIVING: Seating for four in deluxe camp chairs. Add a living room or bedroom suite by adding on a ShiftPod Tent – sets ups in minutes, no joke. Campago provides a table, area rug, magnetic lamps, comfy blanket, plush pillows – all the comforts of home.
- PLAYTIME: Campervans are equipped with an Xbox and DVD for drive time entertainment. Board games and cards are provided to keep the fun going wherever you end up. Bringing your own toys? All vans have a trailer hitch, bring your own trailer. We can also configure storage to meet any of your needs from skis to bikes.
YOUR ADVENTURE. YOUR WAY.
Campago understands everyone has their own idea of adventure. That’s why our vans are configurable for almost any activity. Need more space for your mountain bikes? We can remove the bottom bed platform. Looking for a romantic weekend in nature? We can take out the bench seat and you two lovebirds will have more room to frolic inside the van.
We also offer a host of included and add-on items to make your time outdoors more enjoyable. Cooking equipment, sink with running water, Yeti cooler, Rumpl blankets, chairs, table, ShiftPod tent, and much more!
Still not convinced? Here are just a couple things you can do when you rent from Campago:
THE WEEKEND GETAWAY
Located approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes from San Francisco, Samuel P. Taylor State Park is perfectly situated to take full advantage of the best outdoor activities in the Bay Area.
- Mountain Biking – SPT State Park is minutes away from the Fairfax-Bo Ridge Gravel Grinder – a 43 mile trail extending from Fairfax and looping around Mt. Tamalpais. Incredible views and lots of miles! Looking for something shorter? Try the Marin Fire Loop Trail. Again, only minutes from the park.
- Hiking – several trails start from the park, but you are close enough for a quick drive to west to Point Reyes for oysters and a beach side hike or to the many trails at Mt. Tamalpais.
- Family Adventure – SPT State Park is basically an outdoor classroom. Show your kids all that nature presents from wild mushrooms to incredible geologic wonders, and of course the majestic Redwood forests. There is something for your toddler to your teenager.
A WEEK AT THE BEACH
If you are in need of a longer term adventure. Preferably at the beach. Reserve a spot at New Brighton State Beach. It’s located just south of Santa Cruz with Monterey a short van ride away to the south. It’s one of the most highly rated beach campsites in the area and you’re close to all kinds of adventure.
- Diving – Monterey Bay is home to some of the best diving on the West Coast. Search the SS Palo Alto. Follow a herd of grey whales. Just look out for the sharks!
- Fishing – The bay is rich with sealife and there are different ways to go about catching some. Fish from the pier in Santa Cruz or from the beach. You can find a variety of charter boats that offer deep water adventures. Good luck!
- Hiking – With the Santa Cruz Mountains to the east, there is no shortage of great hiking available. Or stay closer to the ocean and move south and hike the abundant coves, like Whaler’s Cove on Point Lobos State Reserve, near Monterrey.
OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE
Campago wants making sure you have the freedom to adventure your way. The only thing our renters need to do is have a great time and we’ll handle the rest. If you need something we don’t offer or need help of any kind, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re available via phone, email, or live chat. And we love the hard questions!
For more information on places to camp and activities, sign-up for our newsletter. Anyone can search the Internet for places to stay and things to do, but it’s our obsession. Each month we cover unique locations and curate activities that everyone can enjoy. Don’t miss out!
THE ADVENTURE IS AFOOT!
What are you waiting for? Learn how to unlock nature by renting a Campago van today! Call (866) 868-7826 and let the adventure begin.